Transportation YOU is a hands-on, interactive, mentoring program that offers young girls ages 13-18 an introduction to a wide variety of transportation careers.
To change the face of the transportation industry by growing the involvement and interest of girls and young women in STEM studies.
- Educate and empower girls with regard to their opportunities in the transportation industry.
- Link girls with role models through one-on-one mentorship programs.
- Provide internships and career development opportunities.
- Help girls build leadership skills and self confidence.
- Help improve STEM education programs.
- Make STEM education more accessible through scholarship opportunities.
- Build awareness of transportation as an exciting and rewarding career choice for girls.
- Contribute to the diversity and creativity of our transportation workforce.
Central PA Chapter Activities
The Central PA Chapter carries out this mission through:
Volunteering at Community STEM Outreach events
Participation in DiscoverE's Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day
General Promotion of STEM education for girls