WTS is an international organization of high-achieving men and women transportation professionals. In 1977, the group was started as the Women's Transportation Seminar by 40 women who were involved with transportation in Washington, DC. After nearly 40 years, the organization has grown to more than 6,000 transportation professionals with over 45 chapter across the United States, Canada. and Great Britain.
The WTS Central PA Chapter started humbly with about 17 members and was officially incorporated by the National WTS Board in February of 1998. Now, with over 100 registered members, the WTS Central PA chapter has been supporting professionals in the transportation industry for over 22 years.
The chapter regularly hosts speaker events, field trips, and professional networking opportunities throughout the year for its members and regularly partners with other professional organizations in the area. Additionally, chapter members also work hard to raise money for the annual WTS Central PA scholarships, which are awarded to deserving young women who are pursuing a career in Transportation. All in all, the WTS Central PA Chapter is on the move!
WTS Mission Statement
WTS attracts, sustains, connects, and advances women's careers to strengthen the transportation industry.
- Achieve organizational excellence and capacity to execute mission.
- Create exceptional experience for members through strong involved chapters as part of a global WTS.
- Expand opportunities for women in the transportation industry through professional development, mentoring, and strategic positioning of women.
- Provide leadership in the global transportation community.
Our Guiding Principles
- WTS is an international organization dedicated to building the future of transportation through the global advancement of women.
- Advancing women in transportation is key to building the transportation industry.
- A strong international organization enables members, chapters and communities within WTS to achieve our shared vision.
- WTS can shape future generations of transportation leaders.
- WTS is committed to ethical leadership, integrity and respect for all.
- The WTS spirit of community, inclusiveness, and mutual support is one of our greatest assets.
Our Chapter's Bylaws
Please review the Central PA Chapter Bylaws for more information about our chapter's operations.
Starting in 2023, our Chapter will be transitioning to a new organizational structure and implementing several changes in responsibilities, voting rights, and roles by election versus appointment over the next few years. A summary of these changes are outlined in the WTS Central PA Transition & New Structure document.