The WTS Toronto Area Chapter Scholarship Program is open to any student who meets the following criteria:
- Is registered full-time at a post-secondary institution in the Toronto and Greater Hamilton Area and the Kitchener/Waterloo/Guelph area. See full list of eligible institutions below.
- Is pursuing a degree which will lead to a career focused on transportation, such as: architecture, engineering (all disciplines), mathematics, geography, political science, policy, economics, finance, planning, environmental science, communications, and more. (programs not listed may qualify if the student can provide an explanation of how their studies will lead to a career in transportation).
- Has a demonstrable interest in promoting the advancement of gender diversity within the transportation industry.
- Demonstrates strong academic performance
- Past WTS Toronto Area Chapter Scholarship award recipients are not eligible for subsequent awards.
Eligibility – Indigenous Scholarship
- In addition to the above requirements for regular scholarships, proof of ancestry for postsecondary school students who identify as Indigenous (First Nations, Métis, and Inuit). Indigenous Scholarships are open nationally to any full-time student registered in a Canadian post-secondary institution.
Eligibility – Focused Scholarship
- In addition to the above requirements for regular scholarships, for 2022 the focused scholarship will be for undergraduate students pursuing studies within emerging technologies such as electrical engineering, autonomous systems, computer science and programming, math systems, artificial intelligence and machine learning, cyber and analytics and fusion engineering. Applicants will need to demonstrate their connection to the specific focus area and the relevance to the transportation industry.
Eligible GTHA post-secondary schools include:
- Centennial College
- Durham College
- George Brown College
- Humber College
- Mohawk College
- Sheridan College
- Seneca College
- Six Nations Polytechnic
- McMaster University
- Ontario Tech University
- Ryerson University
- University of Toronto
- York University
- Université de l’Ontario français (UOF)
- Wilfrid Laurier University (Toronto + Milton Campus)
Eligible Kitchener/Waterloo/Guelph schools include:
- Conestoga College
- Everest College
- Mohawk College
- University of Waterloo
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- University of Guelph
Note: The WTS-TAC Indigenous Scholarship is available nationally. Please reach out directly should you have any questions on your post-secondary institution’s eligibility.
2022 WTS Toronto Scholarship Applications are now open
To submit your application, or if you have questions or need additional information, please contact the Scholarship Committee at email@example.com
2022 General + Focused Scholarship Application Form
2022 Indigenous Scholarship Application Form
Les candidatures pour la bourse WTS 2022 de Toronto sont maintenant ouvertes
Cette année, nous avons le plaisir de fournir notre brochure d'information et nos formulaires de demande de bourse en français pour nos candidats francophones. Pour soumettre votre candidature, ou si vous avez des questions ou besoin d'informations supplémentaires, veuillez contacter le comité des bourses d'études à l'adresse suivante firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brochure d'information sur les bourses d'études
Formulaire de demande de bourse d'études
Formulaire de demande de bourse d'études pour les étudiantes autochtones