THE 2023 MENTORSHIP PROGRAM APPLICATION ENDS FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 2022!
The WTS Toronto Area Chapter Mentorship Program provides a forum for people interested in developing the skills necessary to achieve professional success and personal goals. The program also offers support from experienced mentors, peer networking and candid conversations with successful transportation leaders.
HOW THE MENTORSHIP PROGRAM WORKS
The Toronto Area Chapter enlists the support of senior-level individuals who are willing to share their professional experiences with others. The Toronto Area Chapter also seeks mid-level professionals interested in advancing their careers and increasing their professional visibility.
Through an application process, the mentors and mentees are matched based on a combination of their mutual professional interests. With assistance from the WTS Toronto Area Chapter, mentor-mentee teams develop a series of goals and objectives to achieve during the course of the 12-month Mentorship Program.
Mentor-mentee teams meet on a monthly basis to work towards these goals and objectives. Teams will attend “group sessions” where the mentor-mentee teams can interact with other teams, participate in group learning & development, meet the WTS Board of Directors, share experiences and provide feedback in an informal setting. Mentor-mentee teams provide formal feedback on their progress via evaluation forms at the mid-way point and prior to mentee-graduation and program close.
Benefits for Mentees
- Enhance your personal development and career advancement in the Transportation industry
- Receive support and encouragement to actively pursue career goals and identify opportunities
- Receive career guidance from a professional in an informal and confidential setting
- Expand your professional network
- Increase your professional visibility
Benefits for Mentors
- Build future transportation industry leaders and advance the WTS mandate
- Develop professional relationships and share your accomplishments with others
- Pass on experience and help young professionals advance their careers
- Enhance your creativity and professional synergy
- Rejuvenate yourself and your career