Throughout a one-year program term, the Mentoring Committee provides structure and support to help foster the one-on-one mentoring relationship and hosts group activities and professional development workshops.
- 1-year term from July - June
- 2-3 hour commitment per month
- Activities include professional development workshops, social mixers and group events
- Mentees should have 1-7 of experience in the transportation industry
- Mentors should have 8 or more years in a transportation-related field
- Monthly connections can be as formal as shadowing your mentor at an industry event, or as informal as getting together over a cup of coffee
Program admittance will be given on a first-come first-served basis.
Mentees must be, or must become, WTS members to participate.
About the Program
WTS encourages the professional development of its members and promotes the industry recognition of women in transportation. For WTS-OC, these goals are realized in part through our Mentoring Program, which matches up-and-coming transportation professionals and college students whose studies focus on transportation with an accomplished industry professional.
Want to join?
Are you looking for a trusted advisor or a seasoned transportation professional who is ready to give back? Join the WTS-OC Mentoring Program!
Be a Mentee:
- Develop and enhance professional skills
- Receive career guidance
- Network with transportation professionals
- Get ongoing support from WTS-OC mentoring committee
Be a Mentor:
- Give back and strengthen future leaders
- Enhance leadership and mentoring skills
- Network with other industry leaders
Questions? Please contact Mentoring Committee Chair, Rebecca Shum: email@example.com / (657) 468-8397.