Sponsor a Scholarship
WTS-LA is a leader in supporting and mentoring the next generation of transportation professionals in Southern California. As scholarship sponsors, you are helping WTS-LA further push the growth and development of aspiring women in transportation. Our annual scholarship program provides significant financial support to high-achieving women seeking assistance to cover rising education costs.
WTS-LA has awarded scholarships to deserving women entering the transportation field over the past three decades. In the past 10 years, our chapter awarded more than 100 scholarships worth over half a million dollars! In 2020, we awarded over $100,000 in competitive academic scholarships to 21 women in high school, community college, undergraduate, and graduate programs in transportation-related fields - all made possible by the generosity of our 2020 Scholarship Program sponsors.
WTS-LA aims to raise and award more than $100,000 this year in scholarships to high school, community college, undergraduate, and graduate students. We invite corporations of all sizes, public agencies, and individuals to support our scholarship program.
Benefits of Sponsoring Scholarships
All scholarship donors will be invited to attend special scholarship fundraising events. Scholarship winners will be selected by August 2021 so they can participate and be involved in our chapter programs with their donors throughout the year. Hear from recent scholarship recipients and sponsors here.
Recognition for our scholarship donors is provided through multiple channels:
- Acknowledgement at monthly programs
- Social media posts
- Chapter events
- Other collateral materials, such as the annual report
- Emails to the entire WTS-LA distribution list and the extensive university faculty and student list
Donors supporting exclusively named corporate, agency, or individual scholarships are invited to participate in the selection of their scholarship recipient and assist with the scholarship presentation at the annual scholarship and awards dinner. Your scholarship recipient and her guest will be seated with you at the annual scholarship and awards dinner, or with your entire table, should the firm purchase a table.
How Can I Sponsor a Scholarship?
Private firms, public sector agencies, and individuals can contribute in two ways:
Name a Scholarship
Give a scholarship in your name (corporate, agency, or individual) and help choose the winning candidate – or establish an award for multiple years.
- High School - A minimum $2,500 annual commitment is required to name a separate scholarship in this category.
- Community College - A minimum of $3,000 annual commitment is required to name a separate scholarship in this category
- Undergraduate – A minimum $5,000 annual commitment is required to name a separate scholarship in this category.
- Graduate – A minimum $5,000 annual commitment is required to name a separate scholarship in this category.
Donate to an Existing Scholarship
All donors of any amount will be recognized as contributors to the existing scholarships listed below.
- Ava Doner Memorial Undergraduate Scholarship
- Myra L. Frank Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- Back to School Scholarship (Graduate and/or Undergraduate)
Ways to Donate
- Mail-in form and check: To make a tax-deductible donation, please fill out our scholarship donation form and mail the form and check to the WTS-LA contact listed on the form. Please make checks payable to California Community Foundation and note on the check "WTS-LA Scholarship Program."
- Online donation: Tax-deductible donations can be made through WTS-LA's partner California Community Foundation. Please note in the comments which scholarship you would like to support and the preferred scholarship name if you are sponsoring a full scholarship.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Thank You to Our 2020 Scholarship Sponsors and Donors
Undergraduate and Graduate Scholarship Sponsors
- BYD: Build Your Dreams Graduate Scholarship
- Environmental Science Associates (ESA) Undergraduate Scholarship
- Jacobs Undergraduate Scholarship
- Stantec Graduate Scholarship
Community College Scholarship Sponsors
- HNTB Community College Scholarship
- Southern California Association of Governments (SCAG)
High School Scholarship Sponsors
- Berg & Associates
- Hill International
- Mott MacDonald
- PGH Wong Engineering
- Fehr & Peers ($500)
- Psomas ($1,000)
- Sener ($1,000)
- Toole Design ($500)
- TY Lin ($500)