Sponsor a Scholarship
WTS-LA is a leader in supporting and mentoring the next generation of transportation professionals in Southern California. As scholarship sponsors, you are helping WTS-LA further push the growth and development of aspiring women in transportation. Our annual scholarship program provides significant financial support to high-achieving women seeking assistance to cover rising education costs.
WTS-LA has awarded scholarships to deserving women entering the transportation field over the past three decades. In the past 10 years, our chapter awarded more than 100 scholarships worth over half a million dollars! In 2022, we exceeded $105,000 in competitive academic scholarships to 20 women in high school, community college, undergraduate, and graduate programs in transportation-related fields - all made possible by the generosity of our Scholarship Program sponsors.
We invite corporations of all sizes, public agencies, and individuals to support our scholarship program.
More Information for Sponsors/Donors Donate Now!
Benefits of Sponsoring Scholarships
All scholarship donors will be invited to attend special scholarship fundraising events. Scholarship winners are selected in August annually so they can participate and be involved in our chapter programs with their donors throughout the year. Hear from recent scholarship recipients and sponsors here.
Recognition for our scholarship donors is provided through multiple channels:
- Acknowledgement at monthly programs
- Social media posts
- Chapter events
- Other collateral materials, such as the annual report
- Emails to the entire WTS-LA distribution list and the extensive university faculty and student list
Donors supporting exclusively named corporate, agency, or individual scholarships are invited to participate in the selection of their scholarship recipient. Your scholarship recipient and her guest will be seated with you at the annual scholarship and awards dinner, or with your entire table, should the firm purchase a table.
How Can I Sponsor a Scholarship?
Private firms, public sector agencies, and individuals can contribute in two ways:
Name a Scholarship
Give a scholarship in your name (corporate, agency, or individual) and help choose the winning candidate – or establish an award for multiple years.
- High School - A minimum $2,500 annual commitment is required to name a separate scholarship in this category.
- Community College/Trade School - A minimum of $3,500 annual commitment is required to name a separate scholarship in this category
- Undergraduate – A minimum $5,000 annual commitment is required to name a separate scholarship in this category.
- Graduate – A minimum $5,000 annual commitment is required to name a separate scholarship in this category.
Donate to an Existing Scholarship
All donors of any amount will be recognized as contributors to the existing scholarships listed below.
- Ava Doner Memorial Undergraduate Scholarship
- Myra L. Frank Memorial Graduate Scholarship
- Equity in Transportation Scholarship (Graduate and/or Undergraduate)
Tax-deductible donations can be made through WTS-LA's partner California Community Foundation. Please note in the comments which scholarship you would like to support and the preferred scholarship name if you are sponsoring a full scholarship.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Thank You to Our 2022 Scholarship Sponsors and Donors!
Undergraduate and Graduate Scholarship Sponsors
- Zephyr Rail
Community College Scholarship Sponsor
- Access Services
High School Scholarship Sponsors
- Berg & Associates
- PGH Wong Engineering
- Mott MacDonald
- Stephen Polechronis
- Southern California Association of Governments (SCAG)