Awards & Recognition
Look Out for the Call for Nominations in Spring 2021
Each year, WTS-LA honors achievement in the transportation industry with several coveted awards:
- Woman of the Year: This category is designed to reach beyond WTS membership to honor an outstanding woman who is a role model in transportation.
- Member of the Year: This award is our opportunity to acknowledge a WTS member who has made extraordinary contributions to the success of the organization.
- Rosa Parks Diversity Leadership: The Rosa Parks Diversity Leadership Award recognizes either an organization(s) or individual(s) that have facilitated professional opportunities for women and minorities and contributed significantly to promoting diversity, inclusion, and multi-cultural awareness.
- Honorable Ray LaHood Award: The Ray LaHood Award was created to recognize men who are not only leaders in transportation, but who have also actively led by example in seeking opportunities to advance the WTS mission and have made outstanding contributions toward the advancement of women and minorities.
- Employer of the Year: This award is designed to honor an organization (company, non-profit, association, or government agency) for their support of the goals and purpose of WTS, such as recruiting, retaining, and advancing women.
- Innovative Transportation Solution: The ITSA award honors an innovative transportation project led by a woman.
If you have any questions, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations to the WTS-LA 2020 Award Recipients!
- Woman of the Year - Jeanet Owens, PE, Senior Executive Officer, Program Management and Regional Rail, Metro
- Member of the Year - Heather Anderson, PE, HNTB
- Rosa Parks Diversity Leadership Award - Schenae’ Rourk, Redwood Resources Consultancy
- Honorable Ray LaHood Award - John Bulinski, PE, Director, Caltrans District 7
- Employer of the Year - Southern California Association of Governments (SCAG)
- Innovative Transportation Solutions Award - Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) - Understanding How Women Travel