Awards & Recognition
Award Nominations for 2020 are in!
Each year, WTS-LA honors achievement in the transportation industry with several coveted awards. These include:
WTS-LA Woman of the Year
This category is designed to reach beyond WTS membership to honor an outstanding woman who is a role model in transportation.
WTS-LA Member of the Year
This award is our opportunity to acknowledge a WTS member who has made extraordinary contributions to the success of the organization.
WTS-LA Honorable Ray LaHood Award
The Ray LaHood Award was created to recognize men who are not only leaders in transportation, but who have also actively led by example in seeking opportunities to advance the WTS mission and have made outstanding contributions toward the advancement of women and minorities.
WTS-LA Rosa Parks Diversity Leadership
The Rosa Parks Diversity Leadership Award recognizes either an organization(s) or individual(s) that have facilitated professional opportunities for women and minorities and contributed significantly to promoting diversity, inclusion, and multi-cultural awareness.
WTS-LA Innovative Transportation Solution
The ITSA award honors an innovative transportation project led by a woman.
WTS-LA Employer of the Year
This award is designed to honor an organization (company, non-profit, association, or government agency) for their support of the goals and purpose of WTS, such as recruiting, retaining, and advancing women.
NOMINATIONS FOR THE 2020 AWARDS ARE IN.
Awards will be presented at our Annual Scholarship and Awards Dinner in November.
If you have any questions, please email us at: email@example.com.
The 2019 Winners
- WTS-LA Woman of the Year: Long Beach Airport Director Cynthia Guidry, PE
- WTS-LA Member of the Year: Parsons Business Development Manager Eileen Ryder
- WTS-LA Honorable Ray LaHood Award: Los Angeles City Engineer Gary Lee Moore, PE
- WTS-LA Rosa Parks Diversity Leadership: Build Plus Community Marketplace Founder Wajeha Bilal
- WTS-LA Innovative Transportation Solution: Los Angeles World Airports Automatic People Mover Project
- WTS-LA Employer of the Year: California State Transportation Agency (CalSTA)