WTS International Legislative and Regulatory Priorities and Issue Areas
In May 2023, the WTS International Board of Directors members approved the organization's formal Legislative and Regulatory Priorities and Issue Areas.
The brief provides information on WTS federal legislative focus areas that support the association's strategic advocacy goals, including:
- Developing a workforce that can tackle the challenges and opportunities of a complex, diverse, and globalized society,
- Driving conversation and education that supports women and strives for a safe, efficient, equitable, and sustainable transportation system,
- Being a leading voice of influence in the national dialogue around the desired state of transportation,
- Engaging in policy development that advances policies that support women and diverse workforce development, and
- Supporting women-owned and small businesses through mentorship, engagement, training, and advocacy initiatives so that women and small businesses can grow and increase access to a broader world of opportunities.
The legislative and regulatory priorities will drive WTS International’s advocacy work, with the Legislative Committee advising on specific legislation to support. Key updates and progress reports will be made available to WTS members throughout the year.