The WTS Recognition Awards celebrate leaders and organizations that move forward the Mission and Vision of WTS International. WTS South Carolina is excited to recognize outstanding contributions to our Chapter and the transportation industry by selecting the highest scoring nominations for the four WTS International awards listed below. In addition to being recognized at our Annual Scholarship & Awards Event, the four local winners will advance, and their applications will be submitted to the WTS International Awards Selection Committee for consideration.
Member of the Year Award (click here to download nomination form)
This award is our opportunity to acknowledge a WTS Member who has made extraordinary contributions to the success of the organization. Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- A member who has shown an extraordinary commitment to the goals and growth of the WTS South Carolina Chapter by working effectively in support of WTS goals. (Identify activities).
- A member who has promoted the reputation of WTS within the transportation industry. (Include an explanation describing how and what was done.)
- A member who has worked effectively to strengthen communication between local and national WTS levels or between chapters.
- A member who has done an outstanding job of revitalizing or expanding a chapter or any of its functions.
Woman of the Year Award (click here to download nomination form)
This category is designed to reach out beyond the WTS Membership to honor a woman who is an outstanding role model in transportation. Through our choice, we can raise the visibility of WTS in the South Carolina community. It is not a reward for service to our organization. Selection of the Woman of the Year shall be based on the following criteria:
- A woman who is a leader in transportation and has made an outstanding contribution to the transportation industry.
- A woman who has directly contributed toward the advancement of women and minorities through programs or opportunities in the transportation field.
- A woman who through her career achievements and support of women in the industry has advanced the reputation and credibility of women in transportation.
Employer of the Year Award (click here to download nomination form)
This award is designed to honor employers for their support of the goals and purposes of the WTS South Carolina Chapter. It is not a reward for monetary contributions. Selection of Employer of the Year shall be based on the following criteria:
- Describe the organization’s structure, including the number of women in executive and senior positions and those leading major initiatives.
- Specify the career development plans and succession programs the organization has in place for women to advance within the organization.
- An organization that supports continuing development of its female employees through:
- Professional Education
- Professional Organizations
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Describe and provide example(s) of how the organization encourages women students to enter the transportation field by providing internship opportunities.
- Describe and provide example(s) of how the organization supports the WTS South Carolina Chapter through memberships, sponsorships, and employee involvement at the local and international levels.
The Rosa Parks Leadership Diversity Award (click here to download nomination form)
This award recognizes an organization, project or individual that meets the following award criteria:
- The nominee contributes significantly to promoting diversity, inclusion and multi-cultural awareness within their organization, the transportation industry, or in a project or activity that supports the goals and mission of WTS.
- The nominee exhibits extraordinary efforts or initiatives in facilitating professional opportunities for women and minorities.
2024 WTS Recognition Awards Process will close on Friday March 1, 2024.
Please submit applications to the WTS SC Chapter at [email protected] and include the word "Awards" in the subject line.