- The 2022 Mentorship Program officially kicked off!
About the Mentorship Program
Are you looking for a trusted advisor or are you a seasoned transportation professional who is ready to give back? If so, the WTS Mentorship Program is for you!
WTS encourages the professional development of its members and promotes industry recognition of women in transportation. For WTS San Diego, these goals are realized in part through its Mentorship Program, which matches “up and coming” transportation professionals and/or college students whose studies focus on transportation, with an accomplished industry professional. The Mentorship Program is intended to develop the WTS San Diego community professionally, promote goal-setting and career planning, provide opportunities for networking and create a prepared workforce.
Participants of the program will be fostering professional development, giving back to the industry and to our future leaders, and providing support for those who work, or are interested in working, in the transportation industry.
The program combines group and one-on-one mentorship activities to foster discussion in enhancing professional visibility/networking, career advancement and options, overcoming barriers to success and work/life balance. Throughout the term the Mentorship Committee provides structure and support to help foster the one-on-one mentoring relationship, but the program also includes group activities and professional development workshops.
- Must be a WTS member in order to participate
- To become a member, go to our membership section or contact our Membership Chair Morgan Wolfe at Morgan.Wolfe@aecom.com.
- Students can join for free!
- Program is open to both men and women
- 12-month program
- 1-2-hour commitment per month, including monthly connections between mentees and mentors and WTS activities.
- Activity attendance includes virtual professional development workshops, happy hours, and group events
- Monthly connections between mentors and mentees can be as formal as shadowing a mentor to a meeting or as informal as meeting to chat over coffee
- All mentors and mentees should have the ability to make a commitment to the 12-month program, which will include attendance at one (1) kickoff meeting held in April 2022, and one (1) wrap-up event at the end of the program, plus monthly meetings between mentors and their mentees at mutually agreed-upon time and dates.
Apply to the Mentorship Program
Applications to the 2022 Mentorship Program can be accessed here:
Be a Mentee
- Develop and enhance professional skills
- Receive career advice
- Network with Transportation professionals
- Get ongoing support from WTS-San Diego mentoring committee
Be a Mentor
- Give back and strengthen future leaders
- Enhance mentoring and leadership skills
- Network with other industry leaders
Contact our Membership Chair, Morgan Wolfe at Morgan.Wolfe@aecom.com.