Award Nominations were accepted through December 23rd.
The 2021 Boston Chapter Award nomination application period is open through Wednesday, December 23, 2020. Award winners will be announced in early 2021 and receive recognition at the WTS-Boston Annual Awards and Scholarships Dinner. WTS International award winners will be presented at the WTS Annual Conference in May 2021.
If you plan to submit an award nomination for someone else, please receive permission from the nominee prior to submitting the nomination form.
Rosa Parks Diversity Leadership Award
This award recognizes either an organization(s) or individual(s). Selection shall be based on the following criteria:
- The nominee contributes significantly to promoting diversity, inclusion and multi-cultural awareness within their organization, the transportation industry, or in a project or activity that supports the goals and mission of WTS.
- The nominee exhibits extraordinary efforts or initiatives in facilitating professional opportunities for women and minorities.
Click here for the nomination application for the Rosa Parks Diversity Leadership Award
Claire Barrett Member of the Year Award
This award acknowledges a WTS member who has made extraordinary contributions to the success of the organization. Selection shall be based on the following criteria:
- The nominee shows commitment to the goals and growth of WTS.
- The nominee promotes the reputation of WTS within the transportation industry.
- The nominee has revitalized or expanded the Chapter or any of its functions.
Click here for the nomination application for the Claire Barrett Member of the Year Award
Innovative Transportation Solutions Award
This award salutes an innovative transportation project led by a woman. Applications/nominations for the Innovative Transportation Solutions award should include the following:
- The innovative purpose of the transportation initiative, solution, project or policy and the number of women involved from initiation to completion.
- Key elements of the project are innovative and how the female project manager successfully implemented those elements.
- Illustrate how the female project manager successfully met and overcame challenges.
- How the project achieved its purpose.
Click here for the nomination application for the Innovative Transportation Solutions Award
Employer of the Year Award
This award honors an organization (company, non-profit, association, or government agency) for recruiting, retaining and advancing women. Applications/nominations for Employer of the Year should include the following:
- The organization supports WTS through memberships, sponsorships, and employee involvement at the local and international levels.
- The organization’s structure includes a number of women in executive and senior positions and those leading major initiatives.
- The organization has career development plans and succession programs in place for women to advance within the organization.
- The organization provides continuing education of its female employees through professional education, professional organizations, and professional development opportunities.
- The organization encourages female students to enter the transportation field by providing internship opportunities.
Click here for the nomination application for the Employer of the Year Award
Honorable Ray LaHood Award
This award was created to recognize a man who is not only a leader in transportation, but who has also actively led by example in seeking opportunities to advance the association’s mission and has made outstanding contributions towards the advancement of women and minorities. Selection shall be based on the following criteria:
- A man who has led by example, seeks out opportunities to advance and advocate for women in his own organization, and actively ensures that women are able to compete for key positions of authority within that organization.
- A man has directly contributed toward the advancement of women and minorities through programs or opportunities in the transportation field.
- A man who has made an outstanding contribution to the transportation industry.
Click here for the nomination application for the Honorable Ray LaHood Award
Woman of the Year Award
This category is designed to reach out beyond our membership to honor a woman who is an outstanding role model in transportation. Selection shall be based on the following criteria:
- She is a leader in transportation and has made an outstanding contribution to the transportation industry.
- She has directly contributed toward the advancement of women and minorities through programs or opportunities in the transportation field.
- Career advancements and support of women in the industry that have advanced the reputation and credibility of women in transportation.
Click here for the nomination application for the Woman of the Year Award
For questions, please contact Erica Blonde and Victoria Palek at WTSBostonawards@gmail.com.