Call for Nominations for 2024 WTS Awards
Time to nominate someone outstanding and deserving of a WTS Award!
Who has made an impact on the transportation industry?
The WTS San Francisco Chapter Awards honor and recognize outstanding individuals, organizations, and projects/programs that advance women and minorities in transportation. Please show your appreciation by submitting your nomination today!
Chapter Awards will be presented at the WTS Annual Event, date and time TBD so stay tuned! Winners are selected based on the WTS International Award categories* listed below. All winning nominations are then submitted to WTS International for consideration in the International Awards competition.
Award categories below are linked to the nomination forms to view and download. Submissions are due December 12th.
Employer of the Year Award
Honorable Ray LaHood Award
Innovative Transportation Solutions Award
Katherine G. Johnson Award*
Lifetime Achievement Award*
Member of the Year Award
Rosa Parks Diversity Leadership Award
Woman of the Year Award
*These two awards are only specific to the WTS SF Chapter and will not be submitted to International.
Please submit your nominations to Beth Clement at [email protected] or contact her with any questions.
2023 Award Winners
- California High-Speed Rail Authority, Employer of the Year
- Ron Williams, Senior VP and GM of the Americas at Jacobs, Honorable Ray LaHood (Man of the Year)
- JFK Promenade Project Team at City and County of San Francisco, Innovative Transportation Solutions
- Karen Philbrick, Executive Director of the Mineta Transportation Institute at SJSU, Katherine G. Johnson Trailblazer
- Nancy Whelan, General Manager at Marin Transit, Lifetime Achievement
- Arielle Fleisher of Waymo and Audrey Shiramizu of City/County Association of Governments of San Mateo County, Members of the Year (Mentoring Committee Co-Chairs)
- Linsey Willis, External Affairs Director at Contra Costa Transportation Authority, Rosa Parks Diversity Leadership
- April Chan, General Manager and CEO at San Mateo County Transit District, Woman of the Year