2024 Mentoring Program
Accepting Applications for Mentees and Mentors!
The WTS SF Bay Area Chapter is excited to seek participants for its 2024 Mentoring Program.
Those seeking mentorship should review the eligibility and application submission requirements below. Then, fill out the application. More details are listed below.
Those interested in learning more about becoming a mentor should apply using the short mentor application. Mentors generally have 10+ years of experience in the field.
Applications are due Monday, November 6, 2023. You will be informed of your application status in mid-December.
About the Mentoring Program:
- Mentees are paired with a mentor based on their responses in the application. Together, they design a custom-tailored curriculum focused on professional growth and skills building.
- Mentees and mentors will engage in facilitated workshops every other month with top transportation and professional development experts. Workshops will cover a broad range of professional development and skills building topics, such as: Navigating your career path, balancing personal and professional life, public speaking, building a diverse and equitable workplace, and leading with emotional intelligence.
Program space is limited. People of all gender identities, ethnicities and cultural backgrounds, as well as others who are underrepresented in the transportation industry, are encouraged to apply.
Mentee Eligibility Criteria:
- Member of the WTS San Francisco Bay Area Chapter (Membership is required if you are accepted into the program. However, you do not need to be a current member in order to apply).
- Minimum 3 years experience in the transportation industry.
- Demonstrate potential for leadership development, desire to build new skills and openness to advice and feedback.
- Ability to make a 1-year commitment encompassing 2-4 hours/month beginning January 2024. This obligation consists of attending bi-monthly group meetings during the evening and meeting regularly with your mentor, either online, over the phone or in person. The 2024 program will be a mix of online and in-person sessions.
- Students are not eligible for the program.
How to apply:
- Submit your current resume to WTS Mentorship at [email protected]
- Complete and submit the application.
- If all documents and responses are not received, the application will not be considered.
If you have any questions, please contact the Program Co-Chairs at [email protected].