Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The mission of the WTS NC Triangle Chapter is to attract, connect, sustain, and advance women's careers in the transportation industry.
WTS NC Triangle Chapter's Diversity, Equity & Inclusion vision is to bring DE&I to all aspects of the chapter's activities and to support WTS International's vision for equity and access for women in the transportation industry. The DE&I Committee aims to form strategic goals and actionable solutions to attain equity and access for everyone.
The purpose of the DE&I Committee is to create and foster a culture of respect and inclusivity, so that all members feel welcomed and a valuable part of the team where every voice is welcome, heard, and respected.
Diversity and Inclusion Committee Goals, Objectives, and Actions:
- Create a culture that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion as a core value of our chapter, regardless of members' gender, race, color, nationality, age, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, ability, or any other characteristics.
- Establish goals and a baseline of metrics to measure diversification.
- Find liaisons to participate with other committees to promote diversification.
- Provide members with a supportive space and tools to learn about topics related to diversity, identity, and their role in the transportation industry.
- Identify strategies to attract, recruit, and retain a diverse membership.
- Provide solutions to underrepresented groups to get them involved in fulfilling the mission of WTS.