The Inland Empire Chapter was formed in 2005 and is one of over 60 Chapters worldwide. WTS-IE is responsive to its membership to fulfill its mission of advancing both the transportation industry and the professional women who are a growing part of it.
The Chapter provides its members a variety of tools and benefits:
- Regular programs and other special events allow members access to distinguished, thought-provoking speakers on vital transportation issues of the day.
- Annual awards recognizing outstanding women, members, employers, and programs who embody WTS's pursuit of transportation excellence through the achievement and success of women.
- Career advancement by providing employers opportunities to promote job postings, as well as professional development, workshops, seminars, and other forums to further development and education in the transportation industry.
- Scholarships for high school, community college, undergraduate, and graduate candidates to support young women who aspire to professional careers in transportation.
- Mentor programs that pair experienced transportation professionals with students or new professionals, providing guidance and expertise to support them in their career paths.
Scholarship applications are now available, visit the Scholarships page for more details.