Code of Conduct
The WTS Wisconsin chapter is focused on our mission to transform the transportation industry through the advancement of women. To accomplish our mission it’s important we create a professional and welcoming environment where every member of our organization and event attendee is treated with respect and free of harassment or discrimination.
All members, including staff, volunteers, member or their affiliates, are expected to adhere to the following Code of Conduct policy and must agree in order to participate in any WTS sponsored event.
*By participating in a WTS sponsored event you are agreeing to abide by the Code of Conduct.
Similar to expectations in a working environment, professional behavior is expected at all times and in all circumstances. If you are unsure how to conduct yourself, follow the golden rule; treat others as you would like to be treated.
The following are expected behaviors at WTS sponsored functions:
- Treat all participants with respect and dignity.
- Avoid demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Discuss differences and critique ideas in a non-confrontational manner.
- Respect rules, policies, and property of WTS Wisconsin and its contracted event presenters, facilities, and vendors.
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
Harassment, bullying, microaggressions, intimidation, and/or insinuations that are hurtful or interfere with an attendee’s experience are unacceptable behaviors.
Examples of unacceptable behaviors include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Intimidating, threatening, lewd, or offensive behavior or speech – including jokes.
- Expressed or implied threat of physical harm.
- Harassment in any form including bullying, intimidating, or disparaging comments related to gender, gender identify or appearance, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, or political views.
- Unwelcome sexual attention including sexualized comments, jokes, advancements, inappropriate touching, or groping.
- Destruction of personal property, event site, or materials.
- Drinking in an irresponsible manner.
- Falsely reporting violations of the Code of Conduct.
- Retaliating against another participant for reporting a violation of the Code of Conduct.
- Illegal activity or forms of harassment not covered above. WTS Wisconsin reserves the right to determine what constitutes as unacceptable behavior and the actions it will take to address incidents that occur.
As a professional organization, we expect all members to follow the code of conduct. If the code of conduct is violated consequences will be enforced.
If you or someone else is in immediate danger, contact local law enforcement or venue security.
If any attendee believes they or another attendee has been subject to conduct that violates the Code of Conduct, or witnesses such conduct, they should report the violation to WTS Wisconsin Staff while on-site at the event or as soon after the event as possible. All reported concerns will be treated seriously and investigated.
By participating in a WTS sponsored event you are agreed to abide by the Code of Conduct. Failure to adhere to the code of conduct may result in any the following:
- Verbal warning,
- Expulsion from event without refund and notification of attendee’s employer,
- Ban from future WTS event and/or,
- Notifying appropriate authorities.
A violation that is deemed especially egregious may result in automatic expulsion and ban from future WTS sponsored events without warning.
WTS Wisconsin will not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report a violation.
If you have questions about this policy, please contact: [email protected].