Are you looking to get involved with WTS WI? Joining one of our committees is a great way to help make a difference in the organization and connect with other members. There are four committees to choose from: Programs, Membership/Diversity, Communication, and Student Outreach. Committee involvement is voluntary and commitment time is a minimum of 1 year with the opportunity to stay on as long as you would like. Descriptions are listed below. If you are interested in joining a committee, please email email@example.com and we will put you in touch with the committee.
- Plan programs, including topics, speakers, locations, meals, etc.
- Organize the annual programs planning meeting
- Oversee recognition awards
- Reach out to new members and retain existing members
- Include diversity efforts in growing membership
- On-going outreach to encourage participation and involvement
- Match up new members with a current member for coffee/mentorship and encourage them to maintain engagement after initial contact
- Coordinate email correspondence
- Develop and edit semi-annual newsletter
- Update website and social media
- Organize STEM Activities (Future Cities Judges, STEM Expo, etc.)
- Coordinate STEM volunteer opportunities for members
- Oversee the scholarship process
- Transportation You