2024 Women's Leadership Program for Senior and Executive Leaders
Accepting Applications through April 1st!
The WTS San Francisco Bay Area chapter is proud to announce the return of its Women's Leadership Program (WLP) this spring. This spring’s cohort is specifically geared toward our senior and executive-level members. Those seeking to participate can download the application HERE.
Now in its ninth year, the WLP provides a unique opportunity for women in transportation to step into their power, own their strengths, and develop their leadership presence and signature style. Participants will develop strategic thinking about their career paths (values, goals, and mindsets); identify and create the essential ingredients for high-functioning teams; and establish skills for ongoing success, including self-coaching, peer support, and action plans. The program is designed to be a catalyst for leadership training that will be highly regarded within the transportation industry.
Participation in the WLP requires a commitment to attend all three days of the seminar.
When: Monday - Wednesday, May 20 - 22, 2024
Where: Alameda County Transportation Commission offices, 1111 Broadway, Oakland, CA
- Create an Authentic Leadership Style to manage with great influence (both within your organization as well as within the industry).
- Understand and utilize the four pillars of emotional intelligence
- Learn effective communication models and learn the GROW coaching model to coach themselves and others
- Learn an approach for engaging in difficult conversations and will practice this with a real world situation.
- Cultivate executive presence through presentation learning and practice
- Develop greater self-awareness to become a more effective and authentic leader.
- Assess and develop your personal style and behavior to engage with a wider range of constituents for more effective leadership.
- Apply program learnings to your specific work situation, and commit to a set of concrete implementation goals.
- Create a robust learning community for WTS executive women.
The Seminar will deliver learning by combining several approaches - educational, experiential, and role playing - in three core modules:
Concept Presentation: Faculty will present core concept models, and will teach best practices and skills.
Interactive Exercises: Participants will engage in interactive exercises in both small and large groups. In the debriefs, participants will explore both what they are learning and how they will apply it in their individual work environments.
Role Play/Real Play: Participants will engage in role-playing difficult conversations from their work environment. This will give the participants to put new behaviors into practice and get feedback on personal challenges. Practice is the key to behavioral change.
Who Should Participate?
The program welcomes senior-level women in the transportation industry either interested in moving into or already at senior management or executive level with a minimum of 10 years of managerial experience and:
- Who are targeting, or have been recently promoted to, positions with significant managerial responsibilities (managing large scope and groups); or
- Who are individual contributors with great influence (have organizational impact and decision-making responsibilities).
This program is also meant as a follow-up for alumni of the Mid-level Emerging Leader WLP upon reaching senior or executive leader roles.
Applications are due April 1, 2024. Download the FAQ and application using this link.
If you have any questions please contact Monique Fuhrman ([email protected]).