The leadership, skills, and perspectives of women are essential to ensure that the transportation systems of the future respond to the needs of all. In keeping with the changes made in 2019, our selection criteria are more explicitly focused on women interested in achieving equity within communities and the transportation sector. We asked questions of the applications to better recognize the leadership potential associated with lived experiences and non-traditional leadership paths.
The WTS Portland chapter offers the following six annual scholarships to high school seniors, junior college, undergraduate, and graduate students to support women seeking leadership opportunities and pursuing transportation careers:
- Shelley Holley Transportation YOU Scholarship High School Girls - $2,000
- Junior College/Trade School Scholarship - $1,500
- Sharon D. Banks Memorial Undergraduate Scholarship - $4,500
- Helene M. Overly Memorial Graduate Scholarship - $4,500
- Leadership Legacy Scholarship Graduate Scholarship - $4,500
- Gail Achterman Leadership Scholarship Graduates & Undergraduates - $7,000
The submission period for the 2020-2021 scholarship season is now closed, and winners have been selected. Please see the recipient page for more information about the winners. We expect to open up applications for 2021 - 2022 Scholarships come the Fall. Stay up to date by joining our newsletter!
Thank you to Our Funders
These scholarships would not be possible without the generosity of our scholarship fund donors. Thanks to our corporate partners and individual donors for their continued support of our scholarship fund!