The WTS Central Florida (WTSCFL) Chapter is celebrating 25 years as a chapter on August 11, 2020. In that time we have enjoyed fantastic industry support, which has allowed us to provide programs for the current and future generation of women in transportation. A few of our accomplishments include:
- Gold Circle of Excellence Chapter for four consecutive years.
- 2019 WTS International Award Innovative Transportation Solutions Project: WTSCFL Chapter member Carol Barker, P.E. as project manager for Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise (FTE) SunTrax Connected and Autonomous (CAV) Test Facility planning project
- 2018 WTS International Award for Best TransportationYOU program - E-week Girl Day with FTE - now in the sixth year
- Doubling our university scholarships in 2018 to $10,000
- Updating and rebranding our mentor/protege program as Emerging Professionals in 2017
- Growing our membership to reach 100 in January 2018 and now in excess of 140 members today - both women and men
We would not have reached these milestones without the support of our sponsors. Please go to the Corporate Partner page for links to our sponsors websites - they are all doing some cool projects!