The WTS Central Florida (WTSCFL) Chapter celebrated 25 years as a chapter on August 11, 2020. In that time, we have enjoyed fantastic industry support, which has allowed us to provide programs for the current and future generation of women in transportation.
A few of our accomplishments include:
- Gold Circle of Excellence Chapter for six consecutive years (2017-2022).
- 2021 WTS International Rosa Parks Diversity Leadership Award Recipient: Dr. Laine Powell, founder and executive director of Tech Sassy Girlz - a nonprofit organization to empower underrepresented middle and high school girls to pursue STEM fields by providing mentoring, hands-on training, and networking opportunities with industry professionals.
- 2019 WTS International Award Innovative Transportation Solutions Project: WTSCFL Chapter member Carol Barker, P.E. as project manager for Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise (FTE) SunTrax Connected and Autonomous (CAV) Test Facility planning project.
- 2018 WTS International Award for Best TransportationYOU program - E-week Girl Day with FTE - a program in place since 2014!
- Starting Swings for Scholarships fundraiser in 2017 allowing us to double our university scholarships in 2018 to $10,000.
- Updating and rebranding our mentor/protege program as Emerging Professionals in 2017.
- Growing our membership to reach 100 in January 2018 and now in excess of 140 members today - both women and men.
We would not have reached these milestones without the support of our sponsors. Please go to the Corporate Partner page for links to our sponsors websites for the sponsors shown in the graphic below - they are all doing some cool projects! We also appreciate the 2022 Swings for Scholarships event sponsors for the January 21, 2022 event!