The Southeastern States and Women’s Transportation Seminar North Carolina Triangle Chapter (WTS) will hold its bi-annual Southeast Rail Forum (SRF) March 22-24, 2023, in Arlington, VA.
The SRF objectives include highlighting and discussing the following:
- Rail success stories with an emphasis on partnerships (Federal, State, Local, Railroads, Private Sector) in the Southeast;
- Strengthening todays Rail System for future advancement and development as an integral piece of the larger Transportation network;
- Developing and leveraging sustainable and predictable funding sources for Rail projects in the Southeast;
- Rail’s benefits to long-term transportation resiliency, equity, emission reductions, and economic development including, transit-oriented development practices, and collaboration to move more people and goods by rail;
- Challenges and solutions to provide a robust Rail System including Rail Safety, Evolving Technology and Maintaining Readiness.