The 2021 WTS Toronto Scholarship Program is open for applications
Please share with friends and family who may want to apply.
Transportation is a thriving and comprehensive industry. It incorporates all forms of human modality—heavy and light rail, aviation, automotive, human-powered means—and draws on the knowledge and skill sets from various fields and educational backgrounds.
The WTS Toronto Area Chapter aims to further the development of the transportation industry through gender diversification within the local workforce. In an effort to promote gender diversity and attract young talent, a scholarship has been established by the WTS Toronto Chapter.
The Scholarship is open to students who meet the following criteria:
- Is registered full-time at a post-secondary institution in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area and for 2021, the Kitchener/Waterloo/Guelph area
- Is pursuing a degree which will lead to a career focused on transportation.
- Has a demonstrable interest in promoting the advancement of gender diversity within the transportation industry.
We are also happy to offer 2 additional new scholarships:
- A new scholarship for Indigenous post-secondary school students who identify as Indigenous (First Nations, Métis, and Inuit).
- A new Focused Scholarship related to a specific industry focus area with relevance to the transportation industry.