The WTS-DC chapter offers graduate and undergraduate scholarships, typically ranging from $1,000 to $5,000 each.
The 2022 WTS-DC scholarship application period is now closed. The WTS-DC Chapter Board will select the recipients, notify all applicants of their decision, and nominate the Chapter’s winners for WTS International award consideration by early December. Recipients are invited to receive their scholarship and gain recognition at the annual WTS-DC Holiday Party to be held virtually this December.
Select recipients of the WTS-DC scholarships will then be nominated for WTS International recognition—the Helene M. Overly Memorial Graduate Scholarship ($10,000), the Leadership Legacy Scholarship for Graduates ($5,000), the Sharon D. Banks Memorial Scholarship ($5,000), the Molitoris Leadership Scholarship for Undergraduates ($5,000), and the Junior College Scholarship ($2,500).
Please direct any questions to the email@example.com.
The WTS-DC Scholarship Program: Overview
At WTS-DC, we feel that education is a vital tool to facilitate the advancement of transportation professionals. Every year, WTS-DC awards scholarships to deserving young women who are studying transportation at undergraduate and graduate programs in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. As a chapter, we believe that giving scholarships is one of the most important things we do.
Donate to the WTS-DC Scholarship Fund
Opportunities to contribute to the WTS-DC Scholarship Fund include:
- Sponsor a “named scholarship” ($2,000 minimum). The scholarship will be named based on you, your organization, or a member of your staff whom you would like to recognize as a benefactor. In addition, your organization will be recognized at our annual Holiday Party and will be prominently featured in our newsletter.
- Sponsor a scholarship ($1,000 minimum). You or your organization will be recognized at our annual Holiday Party and listed in our newsletter.
- Make a donation to the scholarship fund: You or your organization will be considered a Friend of the Scholarship Fund and will be listed in the newsletter.
Please join us in supporting the next generation of female transportation professionals by making a tax-deductible donation to the WTS-DC Scholarship Fund. Donations may be made via check or PayPal at the link above. Please make checks payable to the WTS-DC Scholarship Fund and mail them to:
P.O. Box 34097
Washington, DC 20043
If you or your organization are interested in sponsoring a particular scholarship in whole or in part, please contact Cerasela M Cristei (firstname.lastname@example.org), WTS-DC Scholarship and Fundraising Co-Chair, to discuss options for doing so. Thank you for your support!
2021 WTS-DC Scholarship Awards
The chapter's 2021 scholarship recipients were honored at the WTS-DC Holiday Party on Dec. 7, 2021 and several were nominated for WTS International scholarships.
- Karen Armendariz, The George Washington University
- Rachel Redmond, Georgetown University
- Fatemeh Alimardani, University of Maryland (Scholarship sponsored by Dewberry)
- Yi-Ting Lin, University of Maryland (Scholarship sponsored by WSP)
- Laura Castro, Virginia Tech
- Yassmine Khiri, Howard University
- Lilia Yousefian, University of Maryland (Scholarship sponsored by the North American Transit Alliance)
- Jada-Mercy Ayebae, University of Maryland (Scholarship sponsored by Kimley-Horn)
- Rachel Smith, George Mason University (Scholarship sponsored by HDR)
- Samantha Dixon, Northern Virginia Community College