Call for Nominations - Board of Directors
Call for Nominations – Closes October 2, 2020
The WTS Florida’s Capital Area Chapter is seeking nominations for the 2021-2022 Board of Directors. Terms are for two (2) years. Only members in good standing may nominate and run for office. There are four elected positions on the Board of Directors. Titles and key responsibilities are as follows:
- Acts as Chief Executive Officer of the Chapter.
- Appoints chairs of Committees subject to approval of Chapter Board
- Supervises and controls all business and affairs of the Chapter.
- Prepares agenda for monthly Board meetings and notifies Board prior to each meeting – at least one week in advance of the meeting.
- Sets the date and times for the Board meetings.
- Presides over Chapter Board of Directors’ meetings.
- Presides over programs and events.
- Engages in proactive succession planning for board positions and committees to recruit new volunteers for committees and other chapter activities.
- If possible, attends WTS International Conference and represents chapter in International and presidents’ meetings.
- Participates in monthly teleconference with other chapters and regional liaison.
- Participates in quarterly teleconference with International Board.
- Conveys pertinent information from WTS International to the Chapter Leadership and membership.
- Oversees chapter and scholarship fundraising efforts.
- Helps identify opportunities for partnerships with organizations that support and promote goals similar to those of WTS.
- Ensures all goals related to Fund Raising/Financial Stability in the Strategic Plan are met.
- Presides in the absence of the President.
- Maintains and oversees updates of Chapter Bylaws and Strategic Plan.
- Coordinates and maintains the Chapter Protocols with the Secretary’s assistance.
- Ensures goals related to Mentorship and Scholarship in the Strategic Plan are met.
- Assists the President with Board and Chapter activities.
- Maintains a list of action items from Board meetings.
- Attends WTS Conference and Chapter Leadership Training if possible.
- Assists President in conveying pertinent information from WTS International.
- Assists President and engages in proactive succession planning.
- Receives and gives receipts for money due and payable.
- Guides the Board and the committees through the annual budget process.
- Reviews, revises and approves the budgets to be recommended for adoption.
- Processes invoices for payment.
- Maintains records of all expenditures and revenue.
- Provides written monthly financial reports to the Board.
- Prepares the annual financial report at the end of each year.
- Maintains Program RSVP list and forward program attendance figures to the Professional Development Chair.
- Tracks attendance numbers for annual report.
- Reviews, tracks, and verifies national scholarship account.
- Works with accountant to complete appropriate IRS forms
- Submits State of Florida, Division of Corporations Annual Report
- Reconciles the credit card/bank statement with the other monthly reports.
- Track and deposit money received from donors, corporate sponsors and industry partners.
- Oversees Chapter correspondence in conjunction with the President.
- Prepares Board meeting minutes within one week following meetings and maintains the record for term of office and archives.
- Maintains list of members with the Membership Director.
- Sends Chapter Quarterly Reports, information and news to WTS International.
- Assists the Director of Communications with the Chapter website.
- Keeps records from past programs, events, and other committee activities.
- Reconciles WTS membership records with Chapter records.
- Maintains and shares updates with Board and WTS International, an archive of the Chapter’s Board Roster, Chapter Bylaws, and Chapter Protocols.
- Maintains the Chapter Drop Box Site.
Nominations are now open and will close on October 2, 2020. To submit a nomination (self-nominations are acceptable), please provide the following information by email to email@example.com:
- Name of Nominee
- Board Position
- Qualifications to support that position (please provide no more than one page describing the candidate’s relevant experience and qualifications they bring to the position)
- Statement of interest from nominee (please provide an email or signed letter from the nominee demonstrating their interest, unless self-nominating)
If you have any questions, please contact Anita Vandervalk at the email address provided above or call 850.570.5906.